Premier League champions Liverpool make the journey to Brighton this afternoon trying to climb again to the highest of the desk.
The Reds go into as we speak’s lunchtime kick-off solely trailing leaders Tottenham by objective distinction.
Jurgen Klopp’s males noticed off fellow title challengers Leicester 3-Zero final Sunday however did endure a shock Champions League defeat to Atalanta in midweek.
Brighton, in the meantime, returned to successful methods final day trip as they claimed a high quality 2-1 victory at Aston Villa.
The Seagulls are solely simply above the relegation zone and have to hold selecting up factors.
Liverpool gained this fixture 3-1 final season and have crushed Brighton 9 occasions on the bounce.
talkSPORT will likely be in attendance to see if the champions can hold that run going or if Brighton will pull off a shock.
Brighton v Liverpool: Learn how to pay attention
This match will get below means at 12:30pm on Saturday, November 28.
Full protection from the AMEX will likely be dwell on talkSPORT, with our protection beginning at 11am.
Reshmin Chowdhury will likely be your host earlier than commentary from Sam Matterface and Ray Houghton.
To tune in, click on the radio participant beneath or HERE for the dwell stream.
Listed here are the opposite methods to pay attention…
App iPhone – Obtain from the Apple retailer
Android – Obtain from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is offered throughout the UK through DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV – Take heed to talkSPORT by means of your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Brighton v Liverpool: Staff information
Brighton star Tariq Lamptey is suspended following his purple card in opposition to Aston Villa final day trip.
Leandro Trossard and Adam Lallana have been each uncertain this week however each make the bench.
For Liverpool, Mohamed Salah returns to their beginning line-up whereas Sadio Mane drops to the bench.
Jordan Henderson can also be again however solely match sufficient to be among the many substitutes too.
Brighton: Ryan, White, Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Bissouma, Gross, March, Connolly, Welbeck, Maupay.
Subs: Trossard, Lallana, Jahanbakhsh, Alzate, Steele, Burn, Molumby.
Liverpool: Alisson, Neco Williams, Phillips, Fabinho, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Minamino, Firmino, Jota, Salah.
Subs: Mane, Adrian, Henderson, Jones, Tsimikas, Origi, Rhys Williams.
Referee: Stuart Attwell
Brighton v Liverpool: Match stats and details
- Brighton have by no means gained a top-flight house sport in opposition to Liverpool (D3 L4), shedding all three within the Premier League by an mixture rating of 2-9. Certainly, the Seagulls’ solely house victory over Liverpool in league competitors got here within the second tier in January 1961 (3-1).
- Liverpool have gained every of their final 9 conferences with Brighton in all competitions, netting 27 targets within the course of and conceding simply seven.
- Following their 2-1 win at Aston Villa final day trip, Brighton wish to choose up back-to-back league wins for the primary time since November 2019. Nonetheless, every of the Seagulls’ final 4 Premier League wins have been away from house, successful none of their final eight on the Amex Stadium.
- Brighton have by no means gained in 14 earlier makes an attempt in opposition to reigning top-flight champions (D2 L12), shedding all six such video games within the Premier League by an mixture rating of 2-21. Each factors they’ve picked up in these matches have been in opposition to Liverpool (2-2 in February 1981, 2-2 in March 1983).
- Liverpool are winless of their final three Premier League away video games (D2 L1), final going 4 with out a win on the highway between January-March 2017 (5 video games).
- Solely Chelsea (22) have scored extra Premier League targets than Liverpool (21) this season, with the Reds the one aspect to attain in each sport thus far this time period.
- Liverpool’s Premier League video games have seen a league-high 23 targets within the first half thus far this season, with the Reds scoring a league-high 12 and conceding a league-high 11 targets earlier than half-time.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been immediately concerned in eight targets in his six Premier League appearances in opposition to Brighton, scoring 5 and helping three.
- Danny Welbeck netted his first Premier League objective for Brighton in opposition to Aston Villa final day trip; he’s not scored in consecutive league appearances since January 2016 (vs Leicester and Man Utd for Arsenal).
- Liverpool’s Diogo Jota scored twice on his final Premier League go to to Brighton, in a 2-2 draw for Wolves final season. Nonetheless, all 4 of the Portuguese’s league targets for the Reds thus far have come at Anfield.